About the Library
Library services first began in Belmont in 1885. Our current library was officially opened on 28 October 1982 by the Hon FN Wilkes MP, Minister for Local Government and his Worship the Mayor, Cr PF Ward JP. The building was renovated in 2010 making it a modern, pleasing and community-centric library environment. The renovated library was officially opened by the Hon Richard Wynne MP, Minister for Local Government. Belmont Library is a large and busy hub within easy reach of the High Street commercial precinct.